Friday, January 15, 2010

The Body of Christ united!

The body of Christ is in prayer for Haiti all over the world! A good friend, native to Zimbabwe, shared testimony of how Africans are standing in the gap for their brothers and sisters in Haiti. What a blessing! May Christ continue to be our source of joy and comfort, He alone will never leave us nor forsake us! Glory to His Name!!

"its with joy overflowing that i write to you. be encouraged.... we join you in prayer for our brothers and sisters in Haiti. The response down here in Chinhoyi inline of standing between the gap is overwhelming.
my frends have started a small prayer group that will intercede for Haiti in this time of Crisis. our prayer is that of comfort, consolation, aid but better yet that Christ might be recognised as Savior and Lord in Haiti. when i emailed my friends in South Africa, Namibia and Zambia, they were quick to avail themselves to prayer. now i have the slightest idea of the love that has been shared abroad in our hearts by our Father.
we are praying, we are with you. Pedzy"

1 comment:

  1. There you still ARE! I googled you!

    Don and Doris--

    Thirty years ago I spent a memorable summer that I have never forgotten; Right there with you in Dessalines!! I can clearly still "hear" Don's hearty voice and guitar,"Sing a little louder, Sing a little louder!" I still have the smiles of the children etched in my heart, as well as you two and the way you managed working constantly while loving so many people~ including all of us teenagers from Teen Missions that, as I remember could be a little drama-prone. : )

    I remember Christiana and Brian. I remember the mangos, the waterfalls, the huge bugs, the rain, and mostly, the miracles. Our daughters are at Bethel college and I am a teacher with summers off. If we could ever be of help there, just holler. : )
    I am putting the word out and we'll find our place if it's meant to be during this time of tragedy and eventually, renewal.

    Love from Minnesota!
    Cindy (Berglund) Boyum (1977 team)

    P.S. My fourth graders want to reach out. Any specific requests? Otherwise I will check out FOHO.

    ReplyDelete