Greetings in that name, JESUS! There is no other name so precious. He is our constant Guide – a Friend who sticks closer than a brother. Praise God!
It has been a while since you have heard from us. We apologize! In the past few months, we have been busy with work teams, building projects, school, meeting the daily needs of our children, along with staff meetings before leaving for the States. Dad has been very busy trying to at least finish the two rooms on the lower floor wing of the school before classes start this fall. He’s also been working on the little house by the clinic, trying to complete it. The garden is plowed and planted.
Jim Smith’s team from Texas blessed us by putting in a play-scape for the children, all built from scratch. It is beautiful and the children just love it.
God has sent Pastor Steve Saintus and his wife Esther to help us. You may recall from our last letter that Pastor Steve had come to hold a revival in the Tabernacle. We are blessed to have them come and work alongside us. They are both Haitian-born but have been educated in the US with degrees in several areas. They are very knowledgeable and are called of God to use their talents with us here in Dessalines. He still travels to do revivals from time to time and to take care of his own business. He has helped develop education programs and schools in Port au Prince and in the US. He is in great demand so we are very blessed to have him with us and know that God has a huge calling on his life!
School is out and quite a relief for Rachelle. The load has been heavy for her as it has been for many of us. One day while talking with Pastor Steve about the new school year, Rachelle came up to the house. We explained that he could help her do school planning and he agreed. She was really relieved. So plans are being made for the new school year. Esther also will be a great asset. Among other things, she teaches computer classes. God is so good!
My shingles are doing better, with vision in that eye progressively healing. We are now in the US and after all our blood work and trips to doctors, reports show we are doing well. Our family has been so good to us, giving us a place to stay and a car to drive along with many other things. What a great gift God has given us!
If anyone is interested in bringing in experienced work teams, here are a few suggested needs for EGO:
· All buildings on the EGO campus need renovating
· All galvanized sheeting on the roofs is beginning to rust and needs to be spray-painted before they get any worse
· The biggest project is finishing the school, which includes the bond beam, roof on the wing, installing the rest of the windows and doors, completing the sidewalk and building the stairs to the second floor. This has been a huge project for Dad and we appreciate all those who have been so faithful in taking time out to help do so much work. Many of you have already had the opportunity to see the pictures Steve Scheib took and put on EGO’s website after he put up the columns on the second floor. They were great pictures - thank you for everything, Steve.
We are again gathering items to fill a shipping container with many much-needed items. Perhaps you or your group would like to be a part of supplying some of these. Larger items include:
· Desks and chairs
· Beds, mattresses (full-size), dressers
· Tables and chairs
· Cases of motor oil, tires
· Apartment-size propane ranges and either propane or 12-volt refrigerators
· Solar batteries (deep-cycle 12-volt “Trojan”)
· Plastic barrels with cover and clamp
· Food staples such as cases of vegetable oil, rice, beans, baby formula, whole-fat canned milk.
There are also many smaller items, which would include school supplies, black dress shoes of all sizes (required for attending school), backpacks, socks and underwear, hair pomade and accessories, cloth diapers and plastic pants along with other baby items. If you have any questions about certain items, you may call our home office at 269-792-0444.
Items can be mailed or shipped to: Southern Self-Storage
8452 Okeechobee Blvd,
West Palm Beach, FL, 33411-1927.
We sincerely thank all of you for your prayers and gifts for the orphanage. God is faithful and always blesses us through our brothers and sisters in Christ! Together we will continue to claim the victory for EGO!
Don and Doris Peavey
Editor’s Note: Home office address is: EGO, 3572 Quebec Trail, Wayland MI 49348.